Answering the phone
· Good morning/afternoon/evening, Geetha Stores, Rani speaking.
· Who's calling, please?
· This is Ram speaking.
· Hello, this is Murugan from PR Transports.
Asking for someone
· Could I speak to Dr. Raju, please?
· I'd like to speak to Dr. Raju, please.
· Could you put me through to Dr. Raju, please?
· I'm afraid Dr. Raju isn't in at the moment.
· I'm sorry; he's in a meeting at the moment.
· I'm afraid he's on another line at the moment.
Putting someone on hold
· Just a moment, please.
· Could you hold the line, please?
· Hold the line, please.
· I'm sorry, I don't understand. Could you repeat that, please?
· I'm sorry; I can't hear you very well. Could you speak up a little, please?
· I'm afraid you've got the wrong number.
· I've tried to get through several times but it's always engaged.
· Could you spell that, please?
Putting someone through
· One moment, please. I'll see if Dr. Raju is available.
· I'll put you through.
· I'll connect you.
· I'm connecting you now.
Taking a message
· Can I take a message?
· Would you like to leave a message?
· Can I give him/her a message?
· I'll tell Dr. Raju that you called.
· I'll ask him/her to call you as soon as possible.
· Could you please leave your number? I shall ask him to get back to you.