Method of expressing the lack of understanding : English conversation
You can ask or request to repeat the last said words in a conversation, when you don’t understand or you couldn’t hear properly.
Here are some easy ways.
- Pardon me?
- Beg your pardon!
- I beg your pardon!
- I’m sorry. I don’t understand what you just said.
- Excuse me?
- What did you say?
- What was that?
- Say what?
- Come again?
- Say again?
- Pass that by me again?
- I simply don’t catch what you’re saying.
- I’m afraid I don’t follow.
- I’m not clear about what you mean.
- I’m unclear about what you mean.